Get my Free Family Meeting Outline when you sign up for weekly inspiration, coaching tips, and more.
We had the good fortune of connecting with Teia Jones and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Teia, how has your perspective on work-life balance evolved over time?
Everything operates in seasons and stages. Even in our atmosphere, there are seasons..Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. In the life cycle, there is pregnancy, infancy, toddler, childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, and so forth. Everything has a season.
The season before having children was a different season than the one that I am in now. The season that required me to be my mom’s full-time caretaker is no longer required since her passing.
When you realize that there are seasons in life, you learn to define balance based on the season that you are in. Balance for me today looks totally different from someone else that’s in a different season.
1) Balance changes often for my family and work.
2) I prioritize things in order of importance.
3) I set healthy boundaries for my mental health. My peace is my anchor.
4) I say no when necessary, unapologetically.
5) I do things that I absolutely love most of the time.
6) I surround myself with people that match my optimistic energy.
7) I pray and meditate daily. It helps me stay balanced spiritually.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Get 10% off your first purchase when you sign up for our newsletter!